If you are reading this article and want to figure out how to create a profitable website or blog, then you are a visionary and I am excited for you!
You want to step into another brand new life. Do something different. There is only one voice in your mind, telling you-share your talents with the world, and all this will continue to affect your life!
You have a message internally that you have not shared with the world. You have a unique story that you want to influence later young people. Building a blog is your chance to become a star and let the world hear your voice.
First, I want to introduce some of my situation. Last year I was a 9-5 workforce and hope to earn 5 figures per month in the apparel industry. But I am very unhappy. When analyzing these moments of resistance, I realized that I have no value, or very little value, because deep down, I was tired of trading dollars for hours. The idea of leaving a fixed job makes me feel scared. After all, I have family and debt. But a voice inside me told me that I was asked to do bigger and better things.
Therefore, I started to realize my dream, which is called the thing to be done. For me, to realize my dream is more important than the fear of failure. I am full of confidence because the world needs so many views and different stories. If your life is like a mathematical formula, then you will never go wrong, but life loses passion.
When I first started working in January 2019, I did n’t know what I was doing. I knew nothing about network technology, but I started it anyway. At first I didn’t know what I was going to write. I was not ready, but I started. My suggestion: Start now, and figure out how to solve the problem later.
Since the creation of the blog, I have done crazy things. By sharing myself with the world, I created a community of people whose messages resonated with me. My writing has attracted thousands of attentions, and I have made some money in the form of consulting, graphic design and tutorials. My income is sufficiently passive, regardless of location, so I can live anywhere in the world, and the blog brings me enough money to cover my daily bills. I have achieved freedom through blogging.
Table of Contents
MY TOP FIVE REASONS FOR STARTING A BLOG TODAY
- Making money – Blogs are a great way to make money. If I said that I did not make money through blogging, then I would lie. correct. At the end of this article, I shared some secret information on how I made money on my blog in the second month and made enough money to cover all the hosting fees for the next twelve months.
- You want to create your own brand – to stimulate people’s interest in you and meet people with similar interests.
- The cost of creating a blog is very low-now is the best time to get blog hosting for less than $ 4 per month! Monetize traffic and the possibilities are unlimited.
- You have a full understanding of a niche market– and want to share everything you have learned with the world. You can even create courses around your knowledge and experience. So obviously, it is reasonable to get thousands of dollars in income through these contents.
- You are thinking about writing a book -to share your experiences over the years, like many popular writers have become the focus of the public. Readers of your blog will be happy to buy your book. By using your fans, you can publish millions of copies of your book, become a best-seller, and have the opportunity to become the focus of discussion and attract people’s attention.
I’m sure you are excited now, just like when I first started blogging. At first glance, starting a blog sounds intimidating, especially if you do n’t know anything about the code, even if you are busy looking after children and cooking all day long – to be honest, I still know nothing about the code. It can be said that he knows me, but I don’t know him. And I have been engaged in online business and blogging for more than 1 year.
By performing the following steps, you will have a blog that can make money. let’s do it!
PICKING A NICHE
I suggest you choose 1-3 market segments before starting. Blogging is a time-consuming job, and you will be tired if you choose too many directions. Senior blogger Brandon Gaille has compiled a list of some bloggers ’ideas and provided in-depth research on niche income reports. If you are still unsure about the direction of blogging, this article may have something for you Inspired. This article analyzes the advantages and disadvantages of each niche.
Here are some examples of successful bloggers IN DIFFERENT NICHES
- Entrepreneur’s Journey, the blog of entrepreneur Yaro Stark, is a blog of fellow entrepreneurs with a monthly income of more than 60,000.
- Making Sense of Cents makes 200k+ a month by sharing saving & investing tips and teaches people how to make money online.
- Show Me The Yummy Is a food blogs， Trevor and Jennifer from Show Me The Yummy started a popular recipe blog with a monthly income of over 40,000. Most of their income comes from display advertising.
- Heleneinbetween A Travel blog， Helene Sula spent a year traveling around the world. When she returned home, she earned over 200k in her account.
- BOF Fashion blogger Chiara Ferragni earns more than $ 200,000 a month from her blog The Blonde Salad – Chiara started her own blog while living in Los Angeles and increased her monthly visits to one million.
PICKING A DOMAIN NAME
You can spend hours determining the perfect blog name. A good name is the beginning of success. I have started two blogs, and the response has been very good, such as the name I chose for this blog. The only problem is the length of the domain name and the fees paid. I suggest you do n’t pay too much attention to the popular domain name “com or net”.
- If you want an easy-to-remember name, you will pay a high fee, such as you can never afford www.bbc.com
- If you insist on using com, your name will be very long. For example, www.UncleSamAndHisGoodFriendBlog. com
You can spend a few minutes to decide the blog name, a good name is the beginning of success. I have started two blogs, and the response has been very good, such as the name I chose for this blog. The only problem is the length of the domain name and the fees paid.
I decided to name this blog by my own name instead of using the niche market by mistake so that I can adjust it according to the reader’s wishes. Some websites do not even have names related to their industry.
Rather than long-term consideration, it is better to do whatever you want. There are many domain name service providers that can help you provide domain names.
Please make sure to check on Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see if anyone else uses the name first and if your business overlaps, otherwise it will cause some problems.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WORDPRESS.ORG, BLOGGER,WIX.COM AND WORDPRESS.COM
It ’s tempting to choose one of the many free blogging platforms (such as WordPress.com ，wix.com or Blogger). By using a free blogging platform to reduce expenses, this seems reasonable, but you need to know that you will give up a lot of control and profitable methods.
WordPress.com prohibits you from using display ads and various widgets. Blogger is owned by Google, which means they can close your blog at any time when appropriate, and it is difficult to pass ADsense review. Although you can still advertise on Blogger, they tend to receive less advertising revenue than blogs of the same size hosted on Worpress.org.
The WordPress.org website accounts for more than 30% of the entire Internet. Big names such as “The New York Post”, “USA Today”, CNN, “Fortune”, “Times”, CBS, NBC all use WordPress. The number of tools, themes, add-ons and e-commerce solutions is very large, and the Bluehost hosting plan is available for free.
WHICH HOSTING SERVICE SHOULD I USE?
Your hosting company is the key point of your blog. All files associated with the blog are stored here. In case of an accident on the blog server, you want to ensure that the hosting company is easy to use and has excellent customer service capabilities.
Finding the ideal hosting provider is very important to me. Therefore, I did a lot of research on all available hosting options. I found these three web hosting providers; Hostgator, Bluehost and Siteground almost dominated the market. Finally, I decided to sign a contract with Bluehost.
My main concerns are:
- Reliable customer service-I found Bluehost with 24/7/365 phone, live chat and email support. Personally, I have requested Bluehost support many times. No matter what time zone I am in, someone will always help me.
- Affordable plan – Bluehost costs less than $ 4 per month + free domain for the first year
- Full refund-If you change your mind, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Based on my experience, in terms of performance and cost, I think you recommend Bluehost as the most comprehensive hosting company for new bloggers.
IF YOU HAVEN’T REGISTERED YOUR DOMAIN YET, IT’S TIME.
Take 30 seconds right now to get your domain name and hosting with Bluehost the blog hosting provider I’ve used to start all of my websites.By using Bluehostas your web host you can get a FREE domain for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of web hosting.
ARE YOU READY?
Open Bluehost in another tab and I will teach you step by step
1. PICK YOUR PLAN
Considering that you have just started this journey, I suggest choosing the first plan. To reduce expenses, you can wait until your website starts to get a lot of traffic, then you can easily upgrade to the regular plan. The basic plan contains all the elements needed to get the website up and running..
2. CHOOSE A DOMAIN
Enter the domain name you want here, but if you have n’t decided yet, do n’t worry. You can always choose it in the future, if you have no special ideas, I suggest you use .COM. In addition, .COM addresses are the easiest to remember.
Click the “Next!” Button and you will be directed to the order.
3. YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
4. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
You will find that if you choose 36 months, you will get the cheapest monthly price. Bluehost’s sales strategy will change. If the content of this screenshot (on April.7. 2020) is inconsistent with what you see now, please refer to the bluehost website.
If you want to keep costs to a minimum, remember to uncheck any other add-ons. “Protect Your Site Data” and “Defend Against Attacks” are the default options, you can choose not to use them.
5. HEAD OVER TO YOUR EMAIL
After entering the billing information and confirming the purchase, you can go to your email account, and there should be a confirmation email there.
In the email, you will find a link to the control panel. Click on it and enter your username and the password generated by BLUEHOST for you (don’t worry that the password can be changed later).
6. INSTALL WORDPRESS
Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog.
Bluehost will now automatically install WordPress for you. All you have to do is choose your password!
What you need to know is that there are now two accounts and two passwords.
- Bluehost account and password, which are used to manage domain names, servers, and software (including wordpress).
- WordPress account and password, this is used to log in to blog to write articles.
You have almost started blogging! Yes
After installing WordPress and choosing a password, Bluehost will give you the option to choose a theme. We will do this later.
Therefore, you can select any theme here or directly click “Skip this step” below the provided theme.
Now you just need to click the Start Building blue button.
Then you will be redirected to WordPress
7. LOGIN WORDPRESS DASHBOARD
Once your WordPress website is online, you should receive an email from Bluehost, which provides all information about where to access your information. WordPress login, username and password.
Note: bluehost officially pointed out that you will not be able to log in to WordPress directly within the first 24-48 hours. This is because it takes some time to allocate your domain and redirect your website to the correct URL.
My experience is that you can log in to WordPress 10 minutes after completing the registration. If you have trouble logging in to wordpress, you need to visit https://my.bluehost.com
Check the software working status.
8. CUSTOMIZE YOUR SITE BY INSTALLING A THEME
You will find that WordPress provides several free themes, which can be easily installed with one click. While browsing these options, I found that there are no free theme options consistent with my brand. Therefore, I conducted some searches and found that there are several subject websites. Two of my favorites are templatemonster.com and themeforest.net, and they look and feel professional and authoritative, not amateur blogs.
themeforest is the most famous theme developer in the industry. It has the fastest loading time and a clean, responsive design. They have first-class customer support and very detailed installation tutorials.
9. INSTALL NECESSARY WORDPRESS PLUGINS
- WP Recipe Maker –The easy and user-friendly recipe plugin for everyone. Automatic JSON-LD metadata for better SEO will get you more visitors!
- Contact Form-Set up the “Contact Me” page so that people can send you a direct message.
- Pin It Button On Image Hover And Post –Pinterest pin it button on image hover plugin provides facility to pins your blog posts, pages and images into your Pinterest account boards.
- Social warfare-set up a sharing widget at the top / bottom of the post. More shares = more traffic
- Google Analytics-Set up web analytics on your dashboard.
Yoast SEO is the most important plug-in you need to download, because it can help Google crawl your website better. Google searchability is critical to its success. Search traffic from Google is likely to be the number one or number two driver of your website traffic, so you need to ensure its SEO optimization. The free version of Yoast can do the job. show me how to install the plugin
10. SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Google analyticsGoogle Analytics is a completely free service that allows you to track and analyze the visitors of your blog from the first day. Google Analytics is very useful. I can see exactly where most of the traffic comes from, what kind of devices are accessed, the time of the visit, and by focusing on effective traffic sources, it can save me a lot of time. There is also a very cool WordPress plugin Insights that allows me to check the traffic on the dashboard!
11. ADD NECESSARY SITE PAGES
- About page-The About page is one of the most visited pages on any website, and readers are very willing to know all your information exactly!
- Contact page-you want readers and the final business to contact you. I suggest setting up the contact page by downloading a free plugin called Contact Form (you can find it in the WordPress plugin)
12. START CREATING CONTENT
At first, you need to research some popular blogs. I use google search to search for related topics in my niche market to find other blogs that are writing similar content.
Then, I used Buzzsumo to find the most shared content on the blog. When you are finished, you will compile a list of ideas for your blog post and start a writing plan based on popularity. Combining yourself with fashion, writing a blog is fun!
- Pinterest– is the best source of traffic. I get more than 3.5 million impressions per month, and it has been converted to tens of thousands of monthly viewers on this blog.
- Facebook-Enter your existing friend group and promote it here.
- Tailwind-a service I use to promote my posts
- Twitter-Get more popular information
14. MONETIZE YOUR BLOG WITH DISPLAY ADS
- Google Adsense – gives you an html code to put ads on your blog. Adsense covered 12 months of expenses for my blog in my first month.
- Mediavine – once you get 25,000 sessions per month you can apply to Mediavine. you can make over $7k per month on Mediavine ads alone.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR BLOG
It is absolutely feasible to start making hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month in the first few months. I have finished on this website, so can you. When you are addicted to reading income reports, you will realize that there are actually only six ways for bloggers to make money. Let me introduce these types of blog revenue sources in detail:
- Advertising – Google adsense is a very easy program to get into and use. You can start displaying ads on your website your first week and get paid off of page views.
- Sponsored Posts – companies will pay you good money to post about their product.
- Affiliate Marketing – Promote products and get a commission.This is my bread and butter. The amount of ways to monetize your blog are infinite.
- Selling a service, ebooks, and courses – This is when bloggers start making big $$$ by creating a unique course of ebook to your readers/subscribers.
- Consulting – lifestyle coaching.
- Selling your own products – like t-shirts/mugs and others.
If you followed these simple instructions, you should have a beautiful blog that will make you money from DAY ONE!
If you like my article, please follow me on pinterest